Sunday, June 29, 2008

Shades of green and red



On her website "A nice green leaf" Emma Townshend http://blogs.independent.co.uk/independent/a_nice_green_leaf/index.html suggested we all show some of our favorite greens. Here are some of mine.
Here are a Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Fernspray Gold' and a Acer Palmatum 'Tsuma Gaki'.
Next we have a few Heuchera's. I don't remember all thier names.

















Now we enter the land of Hosta's. I have a real passion for them.















































Here are a few pictures of some groupings I like. I really love the Chamaecyparis Pisifera 'Cole's Prostrate' and the Acer Palmatum 'Red Dragon' which i showed in a previous post.







Shade beds offer something that you just can't achieve in full sun. I love the quiet serenity that these shades of red and green bring to my yard.

























































3 comments:

chey said...

Great greens and reds Tyler! Your photos are great!

Anonymous said...

I agree about the shade beds, and their tranquility. Absolutely lovely (do you know, i am really beginning, with all these green leaf posts, to be converted to Heucheras... I never thought I'd say that...)

Lovely photos and slideshow! Thanks so much for sharing them.

Susan in the Pink Hat said...

Love the leaves.

I can't get a reliable feed of your blog through the Blotanical site, though. I don't mind coming here directly, but I wish I could pick your posts!